On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 11:37 AM Marc Zyngier wrote: > > I think the problem squarely lies with the compiler (or the > way it interprets the BUILD_BUG helper). If it cannot see that > BUILD_BUG() trumps the control flow analysis, then this warning > is totally useless. The fake, generated `__compiletime_assert` should be annotated `__noreturn`. That gives enough information to the compiler to avoid the warning: https://godbolt.org/z/x1v69jjYY And we should also move `__compiletime_{error,warning}` to compiler attributes since Clang trunk has it now, so that we catch the error earlier: https://godbolt.org/z/jd8Eb9Mf1 I will send a couple patches. Cheers, Miguel