From: Andrey Kuzmin <andrey.v.kuzmin at gmail.com>
To: spdk@lists.01.org
Subject: Re: [SPDK] Bdev claim and single writer semantics
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 21:35:10 +0000	[thread overview]

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018, 00:14 Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse(a)intel.com> wrote:

> Maybe make the check a compilation option and default to off? That makes
> it very clear that it’s a consideration at least and easy to flip it
> however depending...

Whatever the mechanism - compile- or configuration time - there still will
be some coding involved, either making some code conditional or checking
the config option at runtime. Personally, I think compile-time is best
suited for configuring the build rather than the installation. Just my $.02.

Regards,
Andrey

> Thx
> Paul