* Problem with including python-paho-mqtt in the Yocto build
@ 2018-11-02 14:28 Pramode C.E
From: Pramode C.E @ 2018-11-02 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I am doing a "bitbake  -c populate_sdk_ext core-image-base" (yocto 2.5)
with the following line in my local.conf:

CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "python-paho-mqtt"

The build fails with the following errors (this is a build which does not
use any sstate-cache from previous builds - it is totally from scratch):

ERROR: Task python-py-native.do_fetch attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task python-py-native.do_prepare_recipe_sysroot attempted to execute
unexpectedly
ERROR: Task python-py-native.do_unpack attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task python-py-native.do_patch attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task python-py-native.do_populate_lic attempted to execute
unexpectedly and should have been setscened
ERROR: Task python-py-native.do_configure attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task python-py-native.do_compile attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task python-py-native.do_install attempted to execute unexpectedly
ERROR: Task python-py-native.do_populate_sysroot attempted to execute
unexpectedly and should have been setscened
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 6657 tasks of which 6657 didn't need to be
rerun and all succeeded.

I have verified that inclusion of "python-paho-mqtt" is causing this
problem .. remove that line and the build succeeds.

I had seen such errors previously during eSDK installation, but the fact
that these errors are occuring during the SDK build itself, that too
without using any sstate from previous builds, make me wonder what has gone
wrong. Any pointers will be highly appreciated!

Thanks and regards,
Pramode C.E