* High performance with Virtio - librte_pmd_virtio
@ 2014-08-06 14:47 Emerson Barea
From: Emerson Barea @ 2014-08-06 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm

Hi there.

I'm trying to use librte_pmd_virtio and I got success in the test indicated
in README file. But now, I want to know how I create a vm using this dpdk
tunned virtio.

Somebody knows how can I create this vm?

qemu-system-x86_64 -hda image.img (what more???)

Thank you.

Emerson Barea

* Re: High performance with Virtio - librte_pmd_virtio
@ 2014-08-06 14:56 ` Vincent JARDIN
From: Vincent JARDIN @ 2014-08-06 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emerson Barea; +Cc: kvm

Check on dev DPDK mailing list.

It should help:
   http://dpdk.org/doc/virtio-net-pmd

@ 2014-08-06 15:02   ` Emerson Barea
From: Emerson Barea @ 2014-08-06 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent JARDIN; +Cc: kvm

Thank you for your response, but, how I said previously, I already did
this test and its was ok. My question is how can I call virtio using
this librte_pmd_virtio dpdk library.

Somebody knows?

@ 2014-08-06 16:15     ` Vincent JARDIN
From: Vincent JARDIN @ 2014-08-06 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emerson Barea; +Cc: kvm

you should never need to call it. We did design this PMD to be a plugin
of DPDK applications. It is not a KVM talk! -> DPDK.

@ 2014-08-06 16:26       ` Emerson Barea
From: Emerson Barea @ 2014-08-06 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent JARDIN; +Cc: kvm

Great.