On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 9:56 PM, Nishka Dasgupta < nishka.dasgupta_ug18@ashoka.edu.in> wrote: > This is with response to your email: I think you will need to give more > information. Do you get some error message? Does nothing happen? Does it > crash? What did you do before, in terms of setting up configuration > files? etc. Any particular thing about the situation that you can think > of. > > Hello Nishka, You don't need to follow this format of responding to emails. Just respond inline. My response to your email is as follows: I followed the instructions at > OutreachyfirstpatchSetup and Outreachyfirstpatch at Linux kernel > newbies. The instructions said to "say 'no' to creating an inbox for > now". That is what I did. If I send an email to myself from within mutt > (using the "m" command) it shows up in the inbox; but no other email > sent to my account is visible. (Up until now I have been viewing emails > and responses in a browser and composing replies in vim.) > > In accordance with the instructions, my muttrc file contains the > following lines: > set sendmail="/usr/bin/esmtp" > set envelope_from=yes > set from="Nishka Dasgupta " > set use_from=yes > set edit_headers=yes > > My smtp and git appear to be set up fine, since those are how I have > been sending emails so far. However, I don't know how to ensure that > emails sent to my email account show up in mutt. How can I address this? > > So you are able to send emails but not receive them? Is that all your muttrc file contains? Have you also made a .esmtprc file? You could try setting up mutt with smtp by searching google for .muttrc configuration files that use smtp. Thank you for your time. > > Regards, > Nishka Dasgupta > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "outreachy-kernel" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to outreachy-kernel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > To post to this group, send email to outreachy-kernel@googlegroups.com. > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ > msgid/outreachy-kernel/1519937773-28053-1-git-send- > email-nishka.dasgupta_ug18%40ashoka.edu.in. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- Shraddha