Awesome, thanks! On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 10:55 PM Andrew Cooper wrote: > On 29/04/2020 18:17, Ayush Dosaj wrote: > > Hi Xen development team, > > > > I am Ayush. I compiled Xen Hypervisor from source on Ubuntu 20.04 > > machine running on an intel-i9 CPU. > > I am getting compilation error due to the following two flags. > > Error: error: ‘-mindirect-branch’ and ‘-fcf-protection’ are not > compatible. > > > > Complete Error logs can be found at > https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/xvvyPnhW5c/ > > > > And when I compiled Xen commenting the two flags in Rules.mk file, it > > compiles and installs properly but on boot-up i see a blank black screen > > and i am stuck there. > > That is a GCC bug (these options are actually fine in combination). It > got fixed earlier today in master, and backported for GCC 9.4 > > You can work around it by appending -fcf-protection=none to CFLAGS > > I wouldn't try editing the logic around -mindirect-branch, as that is > related to retpoline safety for Spectre v2, and probably relies on the > build matching the code. > > ~Andrew > -- Ayush Dosaj VIT Vellore