On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 5:31 PM Jan Ziak <0xe2.0x9a.0x9b@gmail.com> wrote: > If it helps, I can send you the complete list of all the 1.8 million > extents. I am not sure how long it might take to obtain such a list. It takes only a couple of minutes to get all extents by using xfs_io. A text file containing the histogram of all the file's extents is attached to this email. I suggest we do the following steps: 1. Make a snapshot of the file's extents (extents1.txt) 2. Enable btrfs autodefrag, enable tracing 3.1. Make a snapshot of the file's extents (extents2.txt) 3.2. Save /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/trace (trace.txt) 4. Compute the difference between extents1.txt and extents2.txt 5. Compare extents-diff.txt and trace.txt, in order to determine why the number of extents is increasing over time despite btrfs-autodefrag's attempts to defragment the file -Jan