Longman, The attachment include user space code(thread.c), and kernel patch(ali_work_queue.patch) based on 4.3.0-rc4, we replaced all original spinlock (list_lock) in slab.h/c with the new mechanism. The thread.c in user space caused lots of hot kernel spinlock from __kmalloc and kfree, perf top -d1 shows ~25% before ali_work_queue.patch,after appending this patch , the synchronous operation consumption from __kmalloc and kfree is reduced from 25% to ~15% on Intel E5-2699V3 (we also observed the output from user space code (thread.c) is improved clearly) Peter, we will send the update version according to your comments. Thanks Ling 2016-01-19 23:36 GMT+08:00 Waiman Long : > On 01/19/2016 03:52 AM, Ling Ma wrote: >> >> Is it acceptable for performance improvement or more comments on this >> patch? >> >> Thanks >> Ling >> >> > > Your alispinlock patchset should also include a use case where the lock is > used by some code within the kernel with test that can show a performance > improvement so that the reviewers can independently try it out and play > around with it. The kernel community will not accept any patch without a use > case in the kernel. > > Your lock_test.tar file is not good enough as it is not a performance test > of the patch that you sent out. > > Cheers, > Longman