* How to force patch application
@ 2014-08-07 13:14 Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2014-08-07 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hi All,

please can I know if is it possible, using the do_patch routine,
to force the application of a given patch?
I mean, like the patch --force command.

Please let me know, I tried w/o good result.

Best Regards,
Giuseppe

* Re: How to force patch application
@ 2014-08-07 14:43 ` Stephen Arnold
From: Stephen Arnold @ 2014-08-07 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Not sure if there's an easy way with quilt (check the quilt options) but a
relatively easy way would be to use your own patch routine (essentially
anything you want).  One thing you could do is disable the normal patch
application (add ";patch=0" to the end of the patch line in SRC_URI) and
then use your own do_patch to force it (if that's really what you want to
do).  I guess I would ask "why?" and if it were me I'd just reroll the
patch and fix it.  But I don't know what the real problem is, so...

Steve

@ 2014-08-07 14:51   ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2014-08-07 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Arnold; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Hi Steve,

thanks for the reply.

The problem is that I need to force a patch application (like patch --force
option) at my own risk.
Do you see any solution?
Giuseppe

@ 2014-08-07 22:25     ` Stephen Arnold
From: Stephen Arnold @ 2014-08-07 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giuseppe Condorelli; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

Yes, what I said previously:

1) disable current patch: add ";patch=0" to the end of the patch line in
SRC_URI
2a) add your patch to SRC_URI (if different than patch above)
2b) make your own do_patch() to apply the patch
2c) try this example for a way to supplement do_patch with your own
function:
meta-openembedded/meta-networking/recipes-support/netcat/
netcat-openbsd_1.105.bb
3) test it

Steve

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Giuseppe Condorelli <

@ 2014-08-09 12:35       ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2014-08-09 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Arnold; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer