Thanks for your reply, Ed! > You've also omitted what properties you're trying to target. Could > you walk through a little bit about what you're trying to accomplish > with this? (beyond just "implement the redfish schemas). Are you > trying to get smart data? just inventory information? Do you plan to > represent connections? As a first step, we are only going to implement three properties, Name, Presence, and PowerStatus. We don't plan to represent connections at the moment. On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 1:43 PM Ed Tanous wrote: > On Wed, May 19, 2021 at 12:57 AM Jun-Lin Chen (陳俊霖) > wrote: > > > > Hi all, > > > > > > > > In order to implement the feature to view simple storage device status, > such SATA HDD presence status. > > > > We propose to implement it on the Redfish SimpleStorage URI. > > > > > > > > As our proposal for Redfish SimpleStorage, > https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/43352 > > > > And an new daemon, > https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/43351 > > > > > > > > There are two new dbus-interfaces to be proposed, > > > > xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.StorageDevice: here is an empty > interface just mark the dbus path that SimpleStorage Manager should collect. > > > > xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.SimpleStorage: it should have the > properties redfish needs, and can be parser by bmcweb. > > > How does this differ from xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Drive? > They look fairly similar; We generally don't name dbus interfaces > after Redfish directly. We should reuse what already exists where > possible, and only invent new things where needed. > > You've also omitted what properties you're trying to target. Could > you walk through a little bit about what you're trying to accomplish > with this? (beyond just "implement the redfish schemas). Are you > trying to get smart data? just inventory information? Do you plan to > represent connections? > > > > > > > > > The details are in the proposal. > > > > > > > > Welcome and thank you for comments and suggestions > > > > > > > > Best regards, > > > > Jun-Lin Chen > > > > >