* Bonnie++ failure with ntfs3
@ 2021-09-23 16:53 Sebastian Eifert
From: Sebastian Eifert @ 2021-09-23 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntfs3

Hi,

I'm currently trying out ntfs3 (v27 from the mailing list, 5.15-rc2,
and current master from the Paragon github repo) with the good old
Bonnie++ benchmark (1.04), and I'm seeing a hard failure:

<console>
/mnt/ntfs4gb # bonnie\+\+ -u root -s 64 -r 32
Using uid:0, gid:0.
Writing with putc()...done
Writing intelligently...done
Rewriting...done
Reading with getc()...done
Reading intelligently...done
start 'em...done...done...done...
Create files in sequential order...done.
Stat files in sequential order...done.
Delete files in sequential order...
Bonnie: drastic I/O error (rmdir): Directory not empty
Cleaning up test directory after error.
</console>

Environment is an AARCH64 embedded platform, with a 4GB NTFS image
file mounted via a loopback device.

Could someone try Bonnie++ on a different setup and confirm/reject my result?

I hacked around in Bonnie a bit, and it turns out that the directory
traversal with opendir/readdir is not enumerating all files that were
created just before. Running the default 1024 test files, I'm seeing
~20 files not enumerating. Adding a sleep before opendir/readdir does
not change the result. However, doing a second opendir/readdir
enumeration immediately after the first *will* enumerate all files.

Thanks,
Sebastian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-23 16:53 UTC | newest]