Hi On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 4:58 PM Denis Kenzior wrote: > > Hi Michael, > > On 10/7/21 2:48 PM, Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi wrote: > > HI all > > > > I'm playing with iwd. Looking at iwmon I can see virtual device > > discovered by iwd when they are created. > > > > iw phy phy0 interface add wlan1 __ap > > > > iwctl still report wlan0 > > > > Right. Since most people want to use iwd + hostapd for such tethering cases, we > made the decision to simply ignore any new devices created outside iwd after a > wiphy has been initialized. Ok, I think that iwd as interface is more easy to use then hostapd and having one service is much more easy to work with. > > You can get around this by creating the sta + ap devices first, then starting > iwd. You'll need to set UseDefaultInterface=true in /etc/iwd/main.conf. See > 'man 5 iwd.config' for more details. Very good > > > I was able to create wifi connection and access point mode using > > wpa_supplicant and NetworkManager. My idea > > is was experimenting iwd > > > > iwctl device list still report only wlan1. The idea behind is to > > control ap+sta interface. Any feedback? > > > > Teaching iwd to create STA + AP interfaces when it initializes an adapter is on > the TODO list. We already do this with P2P, but not STA + AP. This should be > fairly easy to do, but we have been busy with other tasks. Patches are always > welcome! > > Our (preliminary) thinking on this was to add a main.conf entry that tells iwd > how it should manage wiphys by default. Something like: "sta-only", "sta+p2p", > "sta+ap". Based on the configured setting, iwd would then create the interfaces I think that this the best is to extend the mode and add Mode = sta+ap > automagically (assuming hardware/driver supports it, falling back to "sta-only" > if not). Some hardware has the limitation to use only one channel in this configuration. The idea is to able to decide to go on not go in this configuration using dbus Michael > > Regards, > -Denis -- Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer M. +39 347 913 2170 michael(a)amarulasolutions.com __________________________________ Amarula Solutions BV Joop Geesinkweg 125, 1114 AB, Amsterdam, NL T. +31 (0)85 111 9172 info(a)amarulasolutions.com www.amarulasolutions.com