* late pull request question...
@ 2016-05-31 18:27 Mike Marshall
From: Mike Marshall @ 2016-05-31 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds, linux-fsdevel, Mike Marshall

Hi...

The problems with b96809, c3bc26d and my mis-use of
linux-next knocked me for a loop in the merge window.

Andreas Gruenbacher sent me three "clean up" (not bug fix)
patches that had to wait on, and get refactored for, the fix for b96809.
I had posted a small patch that allowed use of O_DIRECT on open with
Orangefs that depended on c8b8e32 - but I couldn't boot any kernels
with c8b8e32 in them because of the problem with c3bc26d. Now
Lv from Intel has a fix for that.

After Lv's fix for c3bc26d gets pulled, it would be possible for
me to build a pull request for the four updates to Orangefs that
I have. But it doesn't seem appropriate for me to send such
a pull request outside of the merge window...

Should I send a "late" pull request, or wait until the next
merge window? Lv's fix will probably be in 4.7.0-rc2, I could
base my pull request on that.

-Mike

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-05-31 18:27 UTC | newest]