On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 at 17:05, Denis Kenzior wrote: > On 6/18/21 2:33 AM, Andrew Zaborowski wrote: > > For consistency call periodic_scan_stop() right after netdev signals > > connected even if station stays in the CONNECTING state because it's > > waiting for netconfig to finish. > > Hmm, why is this needed? We should be calling periodic_scan_stop as soon as we > transition to CONNECTING/CONNECTING_AUTO state. That's another option but I think the logic until now was that if the connection failed we'd just return to periodic scanning without ever stopping and restarting it. During the netdev CMD_CONNECT it would be inhibited by the kernel or by the radio work. We only needed to explicitly stop the scanning when CMD_CONNECT succeeded, so that's what I was trying to restore in this patch, otherwise if we were unlucky we might have been scanning during the netconfig. Best regards