Hi James, Thanks for reviewing the changes. On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 at 19:15, James Prestwood wrote: > On Tue, 2020-09-29 at 18:37 +0200, Andrew Zaborowski wrote: > > Add the "wpa_supplicant_radios=" option in hw.conf's > > SETUP section that only reserves radios for the autotest to be able > > to > > start wpa_supplicant on them, i.e. prevents iwd or hostapd from being > > started on them. > > Instead could we just add a new group [WPA_S] or [WPA_SUPPLICANT] and > have radN=. This would be consistent with how hostapd works, > and still allows you to reserve radios for wpa_supplicant. And if we > ever require wpa_s specific options in the future we may want a group > for it. That's doable, but with wpa_supplicant we have to specify the control socket path inside the config file, so the setting would have to be something like "radN=,". I think I'd rather avoid creating separate Wpas and WpasCLI classes, we could have one class handle both things whether it's created by test-runner or by the individual test, are you ok with that? I also thought of using something like "reserved_radios=, ..." so that individual tests in one directory can decide which config file and even which daemon to run in each pass. They could also generate the config files as needed. Best regards