Very interesting. I've been toying around with Rook.io [1]. Did you know of this project, and if so can you tell if ceph-helm and Rook.io have similar goals? Regards, Hans [1] https://rook.io/ On 25 Oct 2017 21:09, "Sage Weil" wrote: > There is a new repo under the ceph org, ceph-helm, which includes helm > charts for deploying ceph on kubernetes. The code is based on the ceph > charts from openstack-helm, but we've moved them into their own upstream > repo here so that they can be developed more quickly and independently > from the openstack-helm work. The code has already evolved a fair bit, > mostly to support luminous and fix a range of issues: > > https://github.com/ceph/ceph-helm/tree/master/ceph/ceph > > The repo is a fork of the upstream kubernetes/charts.git repo with an eye > toward eventually merging the chart upstream into that repo. How useful > that would be in practice is not entirely clear to me since the version in > the ceph-helm repo will presumably always be more up to date and users > have to point to *some* source for the chart either way. Also the current > structure of the files in the repo is carried over from openstack-helm, > which uses the helm-toolkit stuff and isn't in the correct form for the > upstream charts.git. Suggestions/input here on what direction makes more > sense would be welcome! > > There are also some docs on getting a ceph cluster up in kubernetes using > these charts at > > https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/18520 > http://docs.ceph.com/ceph-prs/18520/start/kube-helm/ > > that should be merged shortly. Not terribly detailed and we're not > covering much on the operations side yet, but that all is coming. > > A very rough sketch of the direction currently being considered from > running ceph in kubernetes is here: > > http://pad.ceph.com/p/containers > > and there is a trello board here > > https://trello.com/b/kcXOllJp/kubehelm > > All of this builds on the container image that Sebastien has been working > on for some time, that has recently been renamed from ceph-docker -> > ceph-container > > https://github.com/ceph/ceph-container > > Dan is working on getting an image registry up at registry.ceph.com so > that we can publish test build images, releases, or both. > > We also have a daily sync up call for the folks who are actively working > on this. > > That's all for now! :) > sage > > _______________________________________________ > ceph-users mailing list > ceph-users-idqoXFIVOFJgJs9I8MT0rw@public.gmane.org > http://lists.ceph.com/listinfo.cgi/ceph-users-ceph.com >