Hi all, I am new to qemu. Recently, I was trying to measure the performance(MIPS) of qemu executing splash2 benchmark. At first, I am trying the -icount flag built in qemu, but with the limited user manual. I also read the post on Qemu-devel Precise guest instruction count. I can not understand how it works very well. Can anyone explain to me how to get the instruction count number by the -icount feature? Also, in order to get an accurate performance, I need to skip the instructions during boot up process. I want to only calculate the instruction count of executing the splash2 benchmark. Can anyone give me some hint where can I start with? If I am not clear enough, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any reply. Jeff Yu