On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 10:03 AM Richard Purdie < richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote: > On Thu, 2021-07-22 at 14:46 +0200, Nicolas Dechesne wrote: > > It has been recentely mentioned to me by the YP TSC that a layer must > > not only pass the yocto-check-layer script, but also all its > > dependencies. These patches add support for testing dependencies > > automatically. > > > > Patch #1 and #3 are not much related, but improvements I made along > > the lines. > > > > Patch #2 split the internal function into 2 parts, so that we can get > > the list of dependencies from the main script. > > > > Patch #4 is where the processing of the dependencies is done. I chose > > to enable checking the dependencies by default, and use > > '--no-auto-dependency' to disable it, we could decide the other way > > around. For any dependency of the 'layers under test' we will simply > > add them to the list of layers to test unless they are already there. > > > > Here is a sample output with these changes: > > > > $ yocto-check-layer /work/oe/sources/meta-aws \ > > --dependency /work/oe/sources/meta-openembedded/ > > > > INFO: Summary of results: > > INFO: > > INFO: meta-aws ... PASS > > INFO: meta-python ... PASS > > INFO: meta-oe ... PASS > > INFO: meta-networking ... PASS > > We merged this but have started seeing: > > https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/121/builds/166 > > which seems a little strange and is probably related to this series. > yes, it's related. ... INFO: Adding meta-poky to the list of layers to test, as a dependency ... INFO: meta-poky ... SKIPPED (Layer under test should not present in BBLAYERS) With these changes, we are now adding all dependencies and trying to test them too. But meta-poky seems to be in bblayers.conf, and yocto-check-layer won't work since it needs to compute all checksum *without* the layer in the config first. It is probably a good idea to make sure bblayers only has oe-core when we try to perform YP compat. Alternatively, as discussed, we use --no-auto-dependency on AB.. > > Cheers, > > Richard > > >