* Google Summer of Code Prep Begins!
@ 2015-01-05 18:11 Patrick McGarry
From: Patrick McGarry @ 2015-01-05 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph-User, Ceph Devel

Hey cephers,

I know it's hardly the time that one might think about summer, but the
org submissions for this year's Google Summer of Code (GSoC) are fast
approaching. Last year we had some great idea submissions and a couple
of great student participants:

http://ceph.com/gsoc2014/

If you have an idea that you think might be a good self-contained
piece of work for a student to work on over the summer, please send it
my way. For an example of the (very brief) outline please see the link
above and click on the "ideas" section.

I highly encourage as many Ceph developers as possible to volunteer as
a mentor. The workload isn't that high and we get some great
visibility and output as a result. Projects could be anything from new
features to doc to cleanup work. Feel free to send me several and we
can pare them down to the best ideas.

I'll be trying to collect the majority of ideas by the 23rd of January
so that our submission is as robust and polished as possible, but org
submissions are open until the 20th of February. I just ask that if
you aren't going to be able to submit an idea by the 23rd that you
just let me know and I'll save a place in our package.

If you have any questions in the meantime feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry
Director Ceph Community || Red Hat
http://ceph.com  ||  http://community.redhat.com
@scuttlemonkey || @ceph

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-01-05 18:11 UTC | newest]