* Re: Permission denied error when trying to create vlan on SRIOV VFs in container
@ 2021-03-29 11:21 RAJESH DASARI
From: RAJESH DASARI @ 2021-03-29 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi ,

We have created 19 vfs per interface on the host side.

cat  /sys/class/net/eth2/device/sriov_numvfs
19
cat  /sys/class/net/eth1/device/sriov_numvfs
19

ethtool -i eth2
driver: ixgbe
version: 4.4.0-k
firmware-version: 0x80000843
expansion-rom-version:
bus-info: 0000:09:00.1
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: yes
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: no

kernel version : 4.9.249 and x86_64 architecture.

We launch 18 pods and each pod will have 2 interfaces eth1 and eth2
mapped from these 38 virtual sriov interfaces.

Inside each pod , we are creating vlans from the range[2 to 4094],
when this creation is happening parallelly on all the pods , we see
that vlans creation is failing randomly on all the pods with RTNETLINK
answers: Permission denied Error.

command used to create the vlan in all the 18 pods is

ip link add link eth2 name mPlaneVlanX type vlan id X -> X is range(2.4094)

Could you please let us know if there are any limitations with the
numbers of vlans that can be created on the VF interfaces, or is it
any known issue ? Could you please help me on this.

Regards,
Rajesh.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-29 11:22 UTC | newest]