* test tools to measure performance of the Linux kernel
@ 2020-07-27 15:55 Subhashini Rao Beerisetty
From: Subhashini Rao Beerisetty @ 2020-07-27 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

 Hi all,

I’m having a few Linux x86_64 systems(same hardware configuration)
with different Ubuntu kernels installed on those machines.

I’m looking for any existing test suite which can be used to measure
the system performance on different kernels.

Any pointers on this topic will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

* Re: test tools to measure performance of the Linux kernel
@ 2020-07-27 16:25 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2020-07-27 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Subhashini Rao Beerisetty; +Cc: kernelnewbies

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 09:25:15PM +0530, Subhashini Rao Beerisetty wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
> I’m having a few Linux x86_64 systems(same hardware configuration)
> with different Ubuntu kernels installed on those machines.
>
> I’m looking for any existing test suite which can be used to measure
> the system performance on different kernels.

Define "system performance" :)

In short, it all depends on what you want to measure.

good luck!

greg k-h