* SMARC - Error opening /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
@ 2016-12-20 13:17 Warren Harper
From: Warren Harper @ 2016-12-20 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

   I have been trying to build core-image-full-cmdline with the latest
kernel but I cannot seem to get it to work. The board boots up but nothing
is displayed on the screen. In the boot log I am seeing:

Error opening /dev/fb0: No such file or directory

   I assume that the driver is not being loaded correctly. I am pulling the
4.8.x-fslc branch of  https://github.com/Freescale/linux-fslc
<https://github.com/Freescale/linux-fslc/tree/4.8.x-fslc>  in my recipe.
The patch I am applying to the repo is attached. I believe the problem lies
in the fact the correct driver is not being loaded. I believe the files in
question are the dts files.

The board I am using uses a SMARC card. This is the name of the board
SMA-IMX6QI-DVY
<https://community.nxp.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bcmcom.com%2Fbcm_product_SMA-IMX6QI-DVY.htm>
.

I have attached:

   -

   *0001-SMARC-revisions.patch* - the patch i am applying to the repo
   -

   *bootlog.txt* - the bootlog

Thanks,

Warren