On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote: > On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Prabhu.Sundararaj@freescale.com > wrote: > > gpu-viv-bin-mx6q has binaries for different backends like > fbdev,X11,wayland. > > In that wayland backend binaries like libEGLso, libgc-wayland-protocol > depends on wayland and in turn wayland depends on libffi. > > > > But gpu-viv-bin-mx6q does not directly depend on libffi. > > So the DEPENDS should be added in gpu-viv-bin-mx6q when using Wayland > backend? > > Jacob, can you cook a patch for this? > > I'm not entirely satisfied with that solution I'll have to admit.. I'm not using Wayland in my builds, and I am still seeing this floating dependency in the buildhistory package data. [root@localhost lib]# arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-readelf libwayland-viv.so.0.0.0 -a|grep libffi 0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libffi.so.6] Does this not mean that the libwayland-viv.so.0.0.0 library is in fact linked directly to libffi ? I think this is what OE's automatic dependency-scanner is picking up, and why there is this churn in the buildhistory logs. /Jacob