On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 1:13 AM, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > Dan, > > can you please quote your emails? I can't find any content inbetween > all these quotes. Sorry, I'm using gmail, but I'll switch to attaching the logs. So with help from Xiaolong I was able to reproduce this, and it does not appear to be a regression. We simply change the failure output of an existing bug. Attached is a log of the same test on v4.10-rc7 (i.e. without the recent block/scsi fixes), and it shows sda being registered twice. "[ 6.647077] kobject (d5078ca4): tried to init an initialized object, something is seriously wrong." The change that "scsi, block: fix duplicate bdi name registration crashes" makes is to properly try to register sdb since the sda devt is still alive. However that's not a fix because we've managed to call blk_register_queue() twice on the same queue.