Dear XFS experts, I checked the situation this morning: .... xfsdump: status at 10:25:53: 473543/7886560 files dumped, 1.3% data dumped, 76211 seconds elapsed xfsdump: status at 10:35:46: 478508/7886560 files dumped, 1.3% data dumped, 76804 seconds elapsed and decided to stop the process. With this kind of speed xfsdump | xfsrestore will need more than one month. Something must be seriously wrong here. I see two options: Use rsync again to copy the data from the 14TB xfs filesystem to the new 20TB xfs filesystem. This won't be finished this weekend. Or use dd to copy the 14TB XFS filesystem into the 20TB volume and then grow the filesystem. dd runs at 300MB/sec that's approx 1TB per hour, so I decided to go this way. So here's another question: The new filesystem will run on a 20 disk raid10 volume and was copied from a 16 disk raid5 volume. So swidth will be wrong. Also all the data will be within the first 15TB. What should I do to fix this? Or will xfs_growfs fix it automatically? Regards Peter Koch