From: Simon Glass <sjg@chromium.org>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] of-platdata address map decode for 64-bits
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 22:10:21 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Kever,

On 4 February 2017 at 16:30, Kever Yang <kever.yang@rock-chips.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
>     For rk3399, the data for sdram driver in dts is big, I don't want to do
> the copy for it,

Are you referring to the call to fdtdec_get_int_array()? Don't you
have heaps of SRAM though? So why does it matter? If you are really
worried about it you could loop through the data word by word instead.
But why?

> so I think use of-platdata is a good method, and for image size, its
> smaller, then it's sooner to load.

Yes it reduces the image size, but only by a small amount. I have not
checked it on ARM64 but it should be around 5KB. I don't think it is
very important.

Regards,
Simon

> Thanks,
> - Kever
>
> On 01/26/2017 10:22 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kever,
>>
>> On 17 January 2017 at 23:37, Kever Yang <kever.yang@rock-chips.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Simon,
>>>
>>>      For my rk3399(64bit) dts, the address is described as below:
>>> #address-cells = <2>;
>>> reg = <0x0 0xfe320000 0x0 0x4000>;
>>>
>>> not like 32-bit soc which reg address describe like:
>>> reg = <0xfe320000 0x4000>;
>>>
>>>      There should have some update for this dts decode, right?
>>> like:
>>> map_sysmem()