I think we need the revert patch, the libcap-native DEPENDS, and then some logic to exclude the hard-coded paths to setcap if we are cross-compiling. This seems more mesonic and may be submittable upstream. Your hypothesis that they hard code the setcap paths for non-root users makes sense, Richard. Per Alex, oe-core does exclude the build machine from PATH in the cross environment. I was going by the PATH in the target devshell which adds the build machine's paths. Version 3 of the patchset is forthcoming. - Jate On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 6:34 AM Richard Purdie < richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote: > On Fri, 2021-02-19 at 11:26 +0000, Jose Quaresma wrote: > > The only change needed on the recipe are: > > > > -PACKAGECONFIG[libcap] = "-DUSE_CAP=true, -DUSE_CAP=false, libcap" > > +PACKAGECONFIG[libcap] = "-DUSE_CAP=true, -DUSE_CAP=false, libcap > libcap-native" > > > > The patch 0001-Add-support-for-setcap-in-STAGING_DIR_NATIVE.patch is not > need because > > with the addition of the libcap-native the meson find_program will find > the setcap binary on the native > > sysroot and will use it. > > Ok, we can take that change. > > I'm assuming you still want/need the revert (patch 1/2) as well > though? > > That does give us a problem since on systems where libcap > isn't in PACKAGECONFIG, the binaries will be non-deterministic > again. > > Cheers, > > Richard > > >