On Fri, Sep 25, 2020, 16:16 John Snow wrote: > On 9/25/20 2:03 AM, Helio Loureiro wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I would replace the word variable "kind" by "category". > > > > Hi, welcome to the list! > Tkz! > For patch reviews, we try to reply in-line, below the original post. > I realized that later. It has been more than 20 years I don't use this formating. But if I intend to join the pack, I need to follow the pack. > > (For more information on the QAPI Schema Language that we are parsing > and validating here, see docs/devel/qapi-code-gen.txt if you are > curious. Ultimately it is a JSON-like format that permits multiple > objects per document and allows comments. We use these structures to > generate types and command interfaces for our API protocol, QMP.) > Based on that I would suggest 'type_ref' instead to match the definitions over there and since word 'type' itself is reserved. > > ./helio >