From: Gang He <GHe@suse.com>
To: ocfs2-devel@oss.oracle.com
Subject: [Ocfs2-devel] mount existent ocfs2 volume in the local mode without the extra DLM, pacemaker/corosync layers
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 10:16:33 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello Jeseph,

From: Joseph Qi <jiangqi903@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 6:00 PM
To: Gang He; ocfs2-devel at oss.oracle.com; ocfs2-users at oss.oracle.com

Just be curious about this user scenario.
What is "without DLM/cluster environment"?

The user can mount the existent ocfs2 cluster volume directly, does not depend on if DLM/cluster services are available.
When this option is added, the mount process  will not do dlm related things, like local mount.
This way will help the user access the files in the volume quickly for avoiding setup/online the cluster environment.

Thanks
Gang

Thanks,
Joseph