* Fix content rendering issue on RemoteBiosConfiguration doc
@ 2020-07-25  3:48 Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist)
From: Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist) @ 2020-07-25  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suryakanth.sekar, Deepak Kodihalli; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Sakar and Deepak,
I create a PR https://github.com/openbmc/docs/pull/53 to fix content rendering issue. Please take a look and merge it if you have no problem with it.
Thanks
Abner

* Re: Fix content rendering issue on RemoteBiosConfiguration doc
@ 2020-07-26  7:41 ` Deepak Kodihalli
From: Deepak Kodihalli @ 2020-07-26  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist),
	suryakanth.sekar, Brad Bishop, Patrick Williams
  Cc: openbmc

On 25/07/20 9:18 am, Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist) wrote:
> Hi Sakar and Deepak,
>
> I create a PR https://github.com/openbmc/docs/pull/53 to fix content
> rendering issue. Please take a look and merge it if you have no problem
> with it.

Hi Abner,

We use Gerrit as the code review tool. Do you think you can push the
same to Gerrit? Gerrit setup instructions are here -
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/development/gerrit-setup.md.

Brad and Patrick maintain the openbmc/docs repo, so I would like to ask
them - are you okay with merging PRs or must Abner push to Gerrit?

Thanks,
Deepak

* RE: Fix content rendering issue on RemoteBiosConfiguration doc
@ 2020-07-26  7:55   ` Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist)
From: Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist) @ 2020-07-26  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepak Kodihalli, suryakanth.sekar, Brad Bishop, Patrick Williams; +Cc: openbmc

Hi Deepak, thanks for the reminder. Miller also mentioned this to me. Now I am follow the steps mentioned in Contributions.md to activate me account. I just signed OpenBMC ICLA and sent back to OpenBMC for the approval.
Thanks
Abner

@ 2020-07-27 14:22     ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2020-07-27 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist)
  Cc: Deepak Kodihalli, suryakanth.sekar, Brad Bishop,
	Patrick Williams, openbmc, Mike Garrett

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 07:55:03AM +0000, Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist) wrote:
> Hi Deepak, thanks for the reminder. Miller also mentioned this to me. Now I am follow the steps mentioned in Contributions.md to activate me account. I just signed OpenBMC ICLA and sent back to OpenBMC for the approval.
> Thanks
> Abner

Hi Abner,

I think since you are working at HPE, the best solution here is to get
you added to the HPE CCLA [1] rather than have you sign an individual
one.  This gives us higher confidence that you are cleared for
contribution by your company's internal processes as well.

Scott Shaffer and Mike Garrett are the two listed in the CCLA which can
update and add your name to the list.

[1] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VOKT6mnBX1UjMQqKcC75-ir8GcLU1YE1

(cc'ing Mike)

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Fix content rendering issue on RemoteBiosConfiguration doc
@ 2020-07-27 14:23   ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2020-07-27 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Deepak Kodihalli
  Cc: Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist),
	suryakanth.sekar, Brad Bishop, Patrick Williams, openbmc

> Brad and Patrick maintain the openbmc/docs repo, so I would like to ask
> them - are you okay with merging PRs or must Abner push to Gerrit?

Irrespective of who the maintainer is, if we're managing a repository in
Gerrit we have to merge the code in Gerrit.  The mirror is one-way.

--
Patrick Williams

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* RE: Fix content rendering issue on RemoteBiosConfiguration doc
@ 2020-07-27 14:28       ` Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist)
From: Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist) @ 2020-07-27 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams
  Cc: Deepak Kodihalli, suryakanth.sekar, Brad Bishop, openbmc,
	Garrett, Mike (HPE Server Firmware)

Ok, I am not aware of this because I don't work on BMC code. I will contact with Mike off line for this.
Thanks
Abner

@ 2020-07-27 14:41       ` Garrett, Mike (HPE Server Firmware)
From: Garrett, Mike (HPE Server Firmware) @ 2020-07-27 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams, Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist)
  Cc: Deepak Kodihalli, suryakanth.sekar, Brad Bishop, openbmc

Thanks Patrick,

The CCLA shows the "initial list" of contributors on Schedule A.  What is the mechanism for editing that list and adding names?

Mike

@ 2020-07-27 14:44     ` Deepak Kodihalli
From: Deepak Kodihalli @ 2020-07-27 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Williams
  Cc: Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist),
	suryakanth.sekar, Brad Bishop, openbmc

On 27/07/20 7:53 pm, Patrick Williams wrote:
>> Brad and Patrick maintain the openbmc/docs repo, so I would like to ask
>> them - are you okay with merging PRs or must Abner push to Gerrit?
>
> Irrespective of who the maintainer is, if we're managing a repository in
> Gerrit we have to merge the code in Gerrit.  The mirror is one-way.

Ah, didn't know the mirror is one-way. Thanks!

* Re: Fix content rendering issue on RemoteBiosConfiguration doc
@ 2020-07-27 14:56         ` Patrick Williams
From: Patrick Williams @ 2020-07-27 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Garrett, Mike (HPE Server Firmware)
  Cc: Patrick Williams, Chang, Abner (HPS SW/FW Technologist),
	Deepak Kodihalli, suryakanth.sekar, Brad Bishop, openbmc