* blk_init_queue vs blk_alloc_queue
@ 2017-03-13  9:14 Umesh Patel
From: Umesh Patel @ 2017-03-13  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-block

Hello,

I Would like to know difference between blk_init_queue and blk_alloc_queue =
API.
Can anyone explain when to use what ?

Thanks

* Re: blk_init_queue vs blk_alloc_queue
@ 2017-03-13 13:36 ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2017-03-13 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Umesh Patel; +Cc: linux-block

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 09:14:12AM +0000, Umesh Patel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I Would like to know difference between blk_init_queue and blk_alloc_queue API.
> Can anyone explain when to use what ?

The short answer is that you should neither.  The long answer is that
you should send a link to your driver source if you want anyone to help
you.

* RE: blk_init_queue vs blk_alloc_queue
@ 2017-03-13 14:23   ` Umesh Patel
From: Umesh Patel @ 2017-03-13 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: linux-block

Currently we are using below API to initialize request queues for our devic=
e which is not calling blk_queue_split. But there is one more function blk_=
init_queues which is internally calling blk_queue_split.=20
So I was thinking to replace blk_alloc_queue with blk_init_queue but since =
I was not aware of impact I shoot this mail.
I wanted to use blk_queue_split to split BIO that block layer is sending si=
nce it it too large.

Thx

dev->osdev.queue =3D blk_alloc_queue(GFP_KERNEL);