From: "Esponde, Joel" <Joel.Esponde@Honeywell.com>
To: "Eswaran Vinothkumar (BEG/PJ-IOT-EL)"
	<Vinothkumar.Eswaran@de.bosch.com>,
	 "yocto@yoctoproject.org" <yocto@yoctoproject.org>
Subject: Re: Sub-directories from Git in SRC-URI
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:57:57 +0000	[thread overview]

Here is one way to manage this use case.
In the SRC_URI variable, you set the git repo access.
Now let's say that your sub-directory relative path is "src/myapp".
Son now you just have to add to your recipe this line:

S = "${WORKDIR}/git/src/myapp"

It is not optimized from a disk usage point of view (a full copy of the repo files is in ${WORKDIR}/git) but it works.

Regards,

Joël Esponde
Honeywell | Safety and Productivity Solutions