From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@citrix.com>
To: Iurii Artemenko <Iurii_Artemenko@epam.com>,
	Juergen Gross <jgross@suse.com>
Cc: Artem Mygaiev <Artem_Mygaiev@epam.com>,
	Wei Liu <wei.liu2@citrix.com>,
	Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@gmail.com>,
	Andrew Cooper <Andrew.Cooper3@citrix.com>,
	cardoe <cardoe@cardoe.com>,
	Andrii Anisov <Andrii_Anisov@epam.com>,
	'Jan Beulich' <JBeulich@suse.com>,
	Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@citrix.com>,
	xen-devel <xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org>
Subject: Re: Xen checkpatch infrastructure design
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 16:50:35 +0000	[thread overview]

> We did not plan any changes into the clang-format yet. We have to check with Artem our next steps.

I don't think this is a huge task. I think it is also something that is important enough for the Advisory Board to make funds available – assuming this can't be done otherwise (but I can't promise it would be approved and going this route will take fairly long and would require quite a bit of paperwork)

> Artem is on vacations now.
Let me know when you talked to Artem

Lars

From: Iurii Artemenko <Iurii_Artemenko@epam.com<mailto:Iurii_Artemenko@epam.com>>
Date: Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 17:08
To: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@citrix.com<mailto:lars.kurth@citrix.com>>, Juergen Gross <jgross@suse.com<mailto:jgross@suse.com>>
Cc: Wei Liu <wei.liu2@citrix.com<mailto:wei.liu2@citrix.com>>, Andrew Cooper <Andrew.Cooper3@citrix.com<mailto:Andrew.Cooper3@citrix.com>>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@citrix.com<mailto:Ian.Jackson@citrix.com>>, 'Jan Beulich' <JBeulich@suse.com<mailto:JBeulich@suse.com>>, xen-devel <xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org<mailto:xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org>>, cardoe <cardoe@cardoe.com<mailto:cardoe@cardoe.com>>, Andrii Anisov <Andrii_Anisov@epam.com<mailto:Andrii_Anisov@epam.com>>, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@gmail.com<mailto:lars.kurth.xen@gmail.com>>, Artem Mygaiev <Artem_Mygaiev@epam.com<mailto:Artem_Mygaiev@epam.com>>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen checkpatch infrastructure design

Hi Lars,

> I was wondering how you deal with the gaps. I suppose these gaps could possibly be covered in clang-format-diff.py

> Of course this info may be out-of-date

I assumed that everything is fine with clang-format and started with python script.

Now I have checked both clang-format-3.9 and 5.0, all of those gaps are still remaining.

Also there are no corespondent changes expected in Clang-6.0 which currently in-progress.

> I wanted to double check, as we had previously looked into clang-format, and it showed some gaps with what it can be used for in Xen coding styles.  Which is why we tried to get > agreement - > and got it - to upstream Xen related changes into clang–format

We did not plan any changes into the clang-format yet. We have to check with Artem our next steps.

Artem is on vacations now.

Regards

Iurii