From: Giulio Moro <g.moro@qmul.ac.uk>
To: "xenomai@xenomai.org" <xenomai@xenomai.org>
Subject: [Xenomai] doc for xeno-config skins
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 20:15:09 +0000	[thread overview]

What is the difference between the Posix and Cobalt skin, as far as xeno-config is concerned??

Difference between
  xeno-config --skin posix --cflags
  xeno-config --skin cobalt --cflags
is that the former declares -D__COBALT_WRAP__ (which in turn adds fwd declarations for clock_nanosleep() and pthread_setname_np() in boilerplate/libc.h).

difference between
  xeno-config --skin posix --ldflags
  xeno-config --skin cobalt --ldflags
is that the former adds `-Wl,@/usr/xenomai/lib/cobalt.wrappers`

So it seems to me that `--skin posix` expects you to call, e.g.: pthread_create(), while `--skin cobalt` expects you to call, e.g.: __wrap_pthread_create()

Is this correct?
Is that it?
What are the intended uses?
I don't think this is documented anywhere? Where would be the best place to have this written down? Perhaps the --help of xeno-config? Also, while we are at it, --skin alchemy vs --skin native and the effect of --compat could use some description.

Best,
Giulio