Hey, So from what I have gathered, tabrmd is designed to connect directly to the simulator without the need to pass any options by using --tcti. I tried doing this and get the exact same error: ubuntu:~/Desktop/ibmtpm974/src$ sudo tpm2-abrmd --allow-root ** (tpm2-abrmd:105445): WARNING **: Failed to get reference to symbol: tpm2-abrmd: undefined symbol: Tss2_Tcti_Info ** (tpm2-abrmd:105445): CRITICAL **: TCTI initialization failed: 0xc000b I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. Are there any log files I can go through which could tell me what is happening? Regards, Moneeb ________________________________ From: Tricca, Philip B Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 9:04 PM To: Moneeb Azhar Cc: tpm2(a)lists.01.org Subject: RE: TCTI initialization fails with error 0xc000b Apologies in advance for top posting. I’m stuck on a windows system while traveling. It seems as though your issue is related to a recent change to the way we’re initializing the TCTI modules. This caused a few changes to the relevant command line options like `--tcti`. If you’re connecting the tabrmd up to the TPM device and not the simulator as is described in the wiki page you link, then you’ll either need to either leave the `--tcti` option out (the device TCTI should be the default) or use the new form of the `--tcti` option which is documented in our man pages. The source for the man page and the relevant option can be found here: https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-abrmd/blob/master/man/tpm2-abrmd.8.in#L21. Since we’re now loading the TCTI shared object using dlopen the string passed via the `--tcti` option is passed directly to dlopen so the same lookup rules apply. `--tcti=libtcti-device.so` should work for you assuming your LD_CONFIG_PATH is set up right. Just a heads up though: https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-abrmd/issues/321 is tracking our work to align the `--tcti` option across the tabrmd and the tools. The tabrmd is very probably going to adopt the same convention that Bill implemented for the tools before the next release. Hope this helps, Philip From: tpm2 [mailto:tpm2-bounces(a)lists.01.org] On Behalf Of Moneeb Azhar Sent: 12 February, 2018 05:43 To: tpm2(a)lists.01.org Subject: [tpm2] TCTI initialization fails with error 0xc000b Hi, I am trying to setup a TPM development environment on ubuntu16.04 by following the installation wiki here: https://github.com/tpm2-software/tpm2-tools/wiki/Getting-Started#installing Everything installs correctly but I get the following error: $ sudo -u tss tpm2-abrmd --tcti=device ** (tpm2-abrmd:104197): WARNING **: failed to dlopen file device: device: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ** (tpm2-abrmd:104197): CRITICAL **: TCTI initialization failed: 0xc000b systemctl show me the following: $ sudo systemctl status tpm2-abrmd.service ● tpm2-abrmd.service - TPM2 Access Broker and Resource Management Daemon Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/tpm2-abrmd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabl Active: inactive (dead) How would I go about figuring out what is wrong? I am new to this so any help would be highly appreciated. Regards, Moneeb