From: Ben Wei <benwei@fb.com>
To: "openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org" <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Re: PLDM design proposal
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 07:18:52 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Deepak,

On 19/12/18 5:41 AM, Ben Wei wrote:

>>> Hi Deepak,
>>>
>>> Do you see any issues with running PLDM over NCSI/RBT?
>>> If the NCSI daemon implements the same in-process callbacks as the
>>> MCTP daemon, (or if it supports the same D-Bus interface which takes
>>> PLDM payload and encapsulate it as NCSI commands)
>
>Nothing jumps out as a problem with this.
>
>>> Also do you have plans on which PLDM functionalities to implement first?
>>> I'm looking at creating a prototype user library for PLDM firmware update would love to collaborate.
>
> That sounds great! PLDM platform monitoring and BIOS are likely to be first on our list in terms of the order of implementation.  I did see some code being dropped at facebook/openbmc, related to PLDM firmware upgrade. Is that a prototype
> and/or do you eventually plan to drop that openbmc as well? I'd love to hear feedback from you on the high level design that I sent. I'm planning to push that to Gerrit, so you could review there as well.

Great,  I'm currently prototyping PDLM firmware update functionality on one of facebook's platforms.  I plan to port that to openbmc once my prototyping is done.
At the moment it's in a shared library libpldm that parses and generate some base PLDM command parsing but mainly type 5 commands for PLDM firmware update.
It's using NCSI as transporting layer for now but I can port it to MCTP as well.  I will review the high level design you sent earlier and comment.

Thanks!
-Ben