All of lore.kernel.org
From: "Mcnamara, John" <john.mcnamara@intel.com>
To: Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>,
	Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
	"david.marchand@redhat.com" <david.marchand@redhat.com>
Subject: RE: Lgtm scan of DPDK
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 08:35:45 +0000	[thread overview]

We looked at this tool a few years ago.

Some of the good points were:

  * It is automatic and runs independently
  * It did find some genuine issues
  * Issues have the commit ID associated with them so you could assign them to

One of the main disadvantages was:

  * False positives can only be marked with a comment in the code

Nevertheless it is probably worth folks evaluating the issues in their own areas of code and in particular any of the Errors.

John