From: Zawadzki, Tomasz <tomasz.zawadzki at intel.com>
To: spdk@lists.01.org
Subject: [SPDK] Re: Configuring SPDK NVMe over TCP initiator
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 18:24:54 +0000	[thread overview]

Can you please describe how do you want to use the device on initiator side ?

rpc.py communicates with a running SPDK application instance on local host. So please make sure that an SPDK application you want to utilize on initiator side is running first.

On initiator start ./build/bin/spdk_tgt and issue the previously mentioned RPC. After it successfully connects to the NVMe-oF target,  'rpc.py bdev_get_bdevs' will display the connected bdev.

Similar things can be achieved with other SPDK applications like bdevperf or fio_plugin by using JSON configuration to those tools.

Thanks,
Tomek