Hi, It's my first message so : Me : I work from a while with Vmware and Virtualbox I have integrated Virtualbox in the x86 QNAP NAS system Armel Platform : QNAP NAS TS-219 with a Marvell (Arm) SOC 1,8 Ghz Test run QEMU x86 emulation inside (VM like freedos or Windows) Context : only Modules are possible no kernel change ... ... test are done in a chroot env. Debian Squeeze for Armel, so add X11 client to NAS and use X-Ming or Debian box as X Server Test working : install qemu thru apt-get Start emu from fd (freedos) cdrom (live_cd linux , Win98 installation CD) ... all run open the windows, menu and keyboard works, I have add, also in fd program to manage the hlt ... so all seems to run. tested also qemu-launcher ... works. Problem : Each time I create a disk image to add or install on disk ... the install (Windows or Freedos) failed because he don't see the disk or can't read or write on ???? I have tested qemu-img with raw, qcow, qcow2 without success ... img file are full rw for all, qemu run under root, but it's same under a "normal" user. Due to the lack of IDE in the Qnap ... I have try also compile modules for ide-core and load it (insmod) but no change ... any advice ? Certainly I forgot somethings .... ? thanks for help. Philippe.