Hi Pasi, i’m using both addresses, but probably @gmale missed some emails with maillist. About DilOS + Xen. i’m using xen-3.4 - old version what i backported to DilOS based on old opensolaris varsion and upadted it to use python2.7 and some others zfs updates - more updates :) i tried to port Xen-4.3, but not finished it yet because i have no found sponsors and i have been moved to some aonther job without DilOS/illumos activities. try to do it by free time was/is overhead. i have plans try to return back and look at latest Xen. right now i try to move DilOS bulid env to use more Debian style build env and to use gcc-5.4 as primary compiler. Also, i have SPARC support with DilOS and it eat some additional free time. please do not drop solaris support :) - i’ll use and update it soon - probably on next year. I have a lot of updates on my dilos-illumos fork for xen support. and i have no illumos as is - i have more additional changes on my tree - for example: i’m using gcc5 as primary compiler intead of others illumos distributions still using gcc44. Right now DilOS can work as dom0 with pv/hvm guests, but with old xen-3.4. you can find examples for guests at: https://dilos-dev.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DS/Xen and sorry for missed something - xen-devel maillist is very active and i have no a lot of time to read it now :) ping me directly to my dilos.org email if you need some additional info. best regards, -Igor > On Dec 4, 2016, at 7:57 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote: > > Hello Igor, > > I noticed you're using @dilos.org email address these days, so i'm sending this email again.. > see below for more info and a question for you.. > > > On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 03:56:32PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote: >> On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 01:49:07PM +0100, Juergen Gross wrote: >>> Xen tools contain several sources specific to Solaris, e.g. in >>> libxc, xenstored, xenstat, some other libs. >>> >>> Is this still required? If yes, all of it? >>> >>> Google tells me Oracle has dropped XVM support on Solaris. >>> Openindiana seems to have replaced XVM by a KVM port. >>> >> >> In 2014 there was some work being done by Igor Kozhukhov (CC'd) to get Illumos (Opensolaris) Xen support improved / working.. >> >> Illumos Xen 4.3 port status: >> https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-01/msg02240.html >> >> Illumos Xen dom0: >> https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg00146.html >> >> Illumos PV domU support: >> https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-02/msg01160.html >> >> Let's hope Igor can comment if he's still working on Illumos Xen stuff.. >> >> >> -- Pasi >> > > > Thanks, > > -- Pasi >