From: B3r3n <B3r3n@argosnet.com>
To: "Daniel P. Berrangé" <berrange@redhat.com>
Cc: B3r3n <B3r3n@argosnet.com>,
	"Philippe Mathieu-Daudà ? ©" <philmd@redhat.com>,
	qemu-devel <qemu-devel@nongnu.org>,
	"Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel@redhat.com>,
	qemu-discuss@nongnu.org
Subject: Re: Qemu, VNC and non-US keymaps
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 18:30:16 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear all,

>VNC == RFB - they're two different terms of the same thing.
>
>The core RFB/VNC protocol only knows about keysyms.
Ok, so RFB is not the keyword to track :-(

>AFAIK,  TightVNC doesn't support the scancode extension, only TigerVNC.
Confirmed, I replaced TightVNC viewer by TigerVNC, solves the issue.
I got AltGr working + Ctrl_R acting as AltGr (my Debian kbd definition).
With this client, it is fine.

About this issue:
> > I realize that AltGr is sending 29+100 (seen via showkey), when CTRL_R only
> > sends 97.
> > When using a remote console (iLo and iDRAC), AltGr only sends 100.
> >
> > I wonder if the issue would not also be the fact AltGr sends 2 codes, still
> > another one to select the character key (6 for example).
> >
> > Is that normal Qemu is transforming AltGr (100) in 29+100 ?
>
>It is hard to say without seeing debuging to see what QEMU received.

I saw Qemu must be compile with debug support, ok.
 From this, if you have a recommendation, specific config to setup to
debug the particular keyboard, I can do that.

To me the issue is here since a single keyboard key should produce a
single keycode. Since my PC does not send 2 keys (else TigerVNC or
noVNC would behave the same), it is elsewhere...

Thanks

Brgrds