If you are talking about SPDK vhost target inter VM communication currently no. You can run SPDK vhost target in nested VM scenario: in VM you start vhost target and then inside the same VM you start nested VM. This scenario is test and working. Paweł From: SPDK [mailto:spdk-bounces(a)lists.01.org] On Behalf Of Huang Frank Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:20 AM To: spdk Subject: [SPDK] vhost target run in another vm Hi, all I found the vhost target is a great solution. But it needs to run on the host. Can I run the vhost-target in another vm or container? If not, what's the gap? ________________________________ kinzent(a)hotmail.com