All of lore.kernel.org
From: "Grover, Andrew" <andrew.grover-ral2JQCrhuEAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: Ka-shu Wong <kswong-LJ1TwQYPT6cQrrorzV6ljw@public.gmane.org>
Cc: Nigel Cunningham
	<ncunningham-oKK1aGe2n869koe0gwxAeg@public.gmane.org>,
	EricAltendorf-gZ4DH+Stb0k@public.gmane.org,
	swsusp-devel
	<swsusp-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org>,
	ACPI List
	<acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org>
Subject: RE: Re: [Swsusp-devel] ACPI A/C adaptor status not updated upon resume
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:53:22 -0700	[thread overview]

> From: Ka-shu Wong [mailto:kswong-LJ1TwQYPT6cQrrorzV6ljw@public.gmane.org]
> Has there been any progress on this issue?
>
> I'm running kernel 2.4.21 with acpi-20030619 and swsusp-1.0.2 on my
> toshiba portege 2000, and I'm getting the same problem.
>
> Disassembling the _PSR method gives:
>
> 000031bd:     Method _PSR (\_SB_.ADP1._PSR)
> 000031c3:       ArgCount 0; NotSerialized
> 000031c4:       Return
> 000031c5:         \_SB_.MEM_.ACST (000002da)
>
> It seems that it is storing its state somewhere and changing it based
> on events.  Software suspend is probably saving this state
> and restoring
> it upon resume.

See, now your system is different from Eric's, which looks like this:
        Device (MEM) {
            OperationRegion (SRAM, SystemMemory, 0x000EE800, 0x1800)
            Field (SRAM, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                Offset (0xFF),
                ACST,   1,
		}

            Method (_PSR, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (\_SB.MEM.ACST)
            }

So, all his _PSR does is check a bit in system memory, whereas yours
calls another control method, so I don't know what your machine does
from there. Can you go look?

Basically, I am at a loss as to why Eric's machine would report the
wrong thing. Whoever is setting that bit in memory isn't doing it
properly, for some reason. (There could be a lot of reasons. Eric, you
might try sticking a printk in the memory read function in
drivers/acpi/osl.c and seeing that we are doing a read from 0x000EE8FF
and what the value is.)

Regards -- Andy

PS if you're curious the EE8FF is because the SRAM operation region is
defined as a memory range starting at 0xEE800, and ACST is a field
offset 0xFF bytes from that.
PPS if you look at the E820 map on bootup, this should be in reserved
space.
PPPS ok that's it everyone have a great weekend! ;-)