-----Original Message----- From: alsa-devel-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net on behalf of John Utz Sent: Wed 2/21/2007 9:44 AM To: Clemens Ladisch; Lee Revell Cc: alsa-devel@lists.sourceforge.net Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] why would i *not* be able to update a register in ac97#0-0+regs when it's read write? -----Original Message----- From: Clemens Ladisch [mailto:cladisch@fastmail.net] Sent: Tue 2/20/2007 11:29 PM To: John Utz; Lee Revell Cc: alsa-devel@lists.sourceforge.net Yup, that did it! chan-id.wav now calls out on the surround and center/lfe outputs with the vt1618 so we now actually have a reasonable hope of shipping our product. Thankyou very much for your assistance, patch to follow in the next few days assuming that i receive no managerial grief. Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] why would i *not* be able to update a register in ac97#0-0+regs when it's read write? > Nothing changed, i can still write to many registers but not the 1 that i > am attempting to change: 60h UAJ Control; Does the '(Page ID = 00h)' > alter how i need to access the register? Yes, you have to set the correct page in the Audio Interrupt and Paging register (24h); see the AC97_PAGE_* defines in ac97_codec.h. Thankyou Clemens, i thought there might be something to it, but i wasnt sure what. This should be a big help HTH Clemens