From: "Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky" <inaky.perez-gonzalez@intel.com>
To: "Ingo Molnar" <mingo@elte.hu>, "Esben Nielsen" <simlo@phys.au.dk>
Cc: "Thomas Gleixner" <tglx@linutronix.de>,
	<linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	"Daniel Walker" <dwalker@mvista.com>,
	"Oleg Nesterov" <oleg@tv-sign.ru>
Subject: RE: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, plist fixes
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 00:44:45 -0700	[thread overview]

>From: Ingo Molnar [mailto:mingo@elte.hu]
>
>so the question is - can we have an extreme (larger than 140) number of
>RT tasks? If yes, why are they all RT - they can have no expectation of
>good latencies with a possible load factor of 140!

In practice, didn't we want most tasks to behave like RT?
(for interactivity purposes) -- I recall hearing that's basically
what good interactivity meant; short reponse times to events.

So then, taking await batch/bacground data-munching jobs, we fold
back to needing a good RT-like behaviour. And then we can reach > 140.

-- Inaky