From: Paul Leiber <paul@onlineschubla.de>
To: Roman Mamedov <rm@romanrm.net>
Cc: "linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org" <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: AW: Parent transid verify failed (and more): BTRFS for data storage in Xen VM setup
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 21:28:44 +0000	[thread overview]

Von: Roman Mamedov <rm@romanrm.net>
Gesendet: Samstag, 10. April 2021 16:49

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 13:38:57 +0000
> Paul Leiber <paul@onlineschubla.de> wrote:
>
> > e) Perhaps it is wrong to mount the BTRFS root first in the Dom0 and then
> accessing the subvolumes in the DomU?
>
> Absolutely O.o
>
> Subvolumes are very much like directories, not any kind of subpartitions.
>
> Imagine you'd try to use the same ext4 from the host and from a VM guest,
> saying "but they both store their data in separate folders!"

Thank you for your quick reply. What you write could indeed explain my situation. Of course, I should have thought of that earlier. Well, I wanted to learn, and learning I am... I will set up the partition (again! :-) and pay care to not having duplicate mounts on different VMs. I will give feedback in a couple of days.

Best regards,

Paul