From: "Dan Behman" <dbehman@hotmail.com>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: 2.6: marking individual directories as synchronous?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:59:20 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm reading through Joseph Pranevich's great document "Wonderful World of
Linux 2.6" and I came across something that I'd love to learn more about.
In the "Block Device Support" -> "Filesystems" section, reference is made to
"Individual directories can now be marked as synchronous so that all changes
(additional files, etc.) will be atomic".  I searched through the update
info at kernelnewbies but
couldn't find any more information on this - could someone please elaborate
on this?  What is it and how does it work?  Is there any design
documentation for this?

Thanks!

Dan Behman...