From: "Finer, Howard" <hfiner@rbbn.com>
To: Jay Vosburgh <jay.vosburgh@canonical.com>
Cc: "andy@greyhouse.net" <andy@greyhouse.net>,
	"vfalico@gmail.com" <vfalico@gmail.com>,
	"netdev@vger.kernel.org" <netdev@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: bonding driver issue when configured for active/backup and using ARP monitoring
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 16:49:14 +0000	[thread overview]

Thanks Jay.

 This is a dedicated link between our two machines.  The only thing provisioned on it is the bond device and the IP for that bond device.  There are no other addresses on it and no VLANs above it.

The arp_ip_target is not reachable via any other interface.  For example:
  ip route get 169.254.88.1
      169.254.88.1 dev bond0  src 169.254.99.1

Thanks,
Howard