* [dpdk-dev] Experimental symbols in vhost lib
@ 2021-06-24 10:30 Kinsella, Ray
From: Kinsella, Ray @ 2021-06-24 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxime Coquelin, Chenbo Xia, Thomas Monjalon, Stephen Hemminger,
	dpdk-dev

Hi Maxime and Chenbo,

The following vhost experimental symbols are present in both v21.05 and v19.11 release. These symbols should be considered for promotion to stable as part of the v22 ABI in DPDK 21.11, as they have been experimental for >= 2yrs at this point.

 * rte_vhost_driver_get_protocol_features
 * rte_vhost_driver_get_queue_num
 * rte_vhost_crypto_create
 * rte_vhost_crypto_free
 * rte_vhost_crypto_fetch_requests
 * rte_vhost_crypto_finalize_requests
 * rte_vhost_crypto_set_zero_copy
 * rte_vhost_va_from_guest_pa
 * rte_vhost_extern_callback_register
 * rte_vhost_driver_set_protocol_features
 * rte_vhost_set_inflight_desc_split
 * rte_vhost_set_inflight_desc_packed
 * rte_vhost_set_last_inflight_io_split
 * rte_vhost_set_last_inflight_io_packed
 * rte_vhost_clr_inflight_desc_split
 * rte_vhost_clr_inflight_desc_packed
 * rte_vhost_get_vhost_ring_inflight
 * rte_vhost_get_vring_base_from_inflight

Ray K

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Experimental symbols in vhost lib
@ 2021-06-24 11:04 ` Xia, Chenbo
From: Xia, Chenbo @ 2021-06-24 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kinsella, Ray, Maxime Coquelin, Thomas Monjalon,
	Stephen Hemminger, dpdk-dev

Hi Ray,

[...]

Thanks for the heads up! I will discuss with Maxime on the experimental symbols.

Chenbo