* pico-pi-imx7?
@ 2017-08-29  2:35 Takashi Matsuzawa
From: Takashi Matsuzawa @ 2017-08-29  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello.

I think the community BSP (Yocto) supports imx6ul-pico-hobbit board, which is an interesting board (I actually board one), but it now not pushed by wandboard.
Instead, pico-pi-imx7 now seems to be the current default for their Android Things.
I would rather want to use use boards that are sold more (so that more easier to obtain or get support), so I am now looking into pico-pi-imx7 board as an alternative.

Well, my question is that pico-pi-imx7 is already supporeted by Yocto BSP?
Any experience / suggestions?
Also any caveat on i.MX6UL / i.MX7D differences?

* Re: pico-pi-imx7?
@ 2017-08-29 12:54 ` Vanessa Ayumi Maegima
From: Vanessa Ayumi Maegima @ 2017-08-29 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Matsuzawa; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Takashi,

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 11:35 PM, Takashi Matsuzawa <tmatsuzawa@xevo.com>
wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I think the community BSP (Yocto) supports imx6ul-pico-hobbit board, which
> is an interesting board (I actually board one), but it now not pushed by
> wandboard.
> Instead, pico-pi-imx7 now seems to be the current default for their
> Android Things.
> I would rather want to use use boards that are sold more (so that more
> easier to obtain or get support), so I am now looking into
> ​​
> pico-pi-imx7 board as an alternative.
>
> Well, my question is that pico-pi-imx7 is already supporeted by Yocto BSP?
> Any experience / suggestions?
> Also any caveat on i.MX6UL / i.MX7D differences?
>
> ​I am currently working to add support for ​​pico-pi-imx7 board in the
community BSP. I have the basic support working, but I am still trying to
enable WiFi feature so I did not send the patch yet.

If you need this right away I can send the patch for the basic support and
keep working on WiFi. Just let me know.

Best,
Vanessa

* Re: pico-pi-imx7?
@ 2017-08-29 13:43   ` Takashi Matsuzawa
From: Takashi Matsuzawa @ 2017-08-29 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vanessa Ayumi Maegima; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello.

Thank you very much for your info.

In fact I have not received my pico-pi-mx7 board yet.

So I need updated BSP maybe a few weeks later and I think I revisit this after that.

Meanwhile, I continue prototyping with pico-hobbit board.